Windshield recycling PATSTAT data
Description of this data
The dataset includes several Excel sheets, each listing the records obtained from Patstat online database (https://data.epo.org/expert-services/index.html) by means of SQL queries run in Patstat online (Autumn 2017 ed.). Such investigation is aimed at retrieving patent documents data including in particular:
• the individual patent application identification code (appln_id attribute in the table),
• the application authorities (i.e. the patent offices to whom the patent applications are filed),
• the earliest filing year,
• the docdb_family_id code univocally identifying a single patent family (a.k.a. DOCDB family),
• the patent applications titles and abstracts,
• the classification codes (IPC and CPC, respectively) assigned to each patent application,
• the patent publication authority,
• the patent publication number,
• the patent publication kind,
• the denomination of each assignee/applicant (psn_name) and
• the type of applicant (psn_sector allowing for distinguishing companies, universities, individuals etc. among applicants/assignees).
PDF files (named as the corresponding Excel) may be present. Each provides lists of the documents downloadable from PATSTAT online. The number of documents corresponds to the amount of non-duplicated appln_id values (eg. 1125 for PHASE A in the pdf, as arguable from the PHASE A Excel file). URLs are provided for each record to link to Espacenet (https://worldwide.espacenet.com/)
• PHASE A TABLE concern a broad search regarding glass recycling.
• PHASE B concerns a more specific search, based on keywords AND IPC/CPC codes, regarding recycling of laminated glass by means of mechanical comminution. Data rather based on keywords are argued from PHASE B_query A. Records selected by means of cpc code Y02W30/521 are included in PHASE B Query B TABLE.
• PHASE C Query C1 TABLE concerns recycling of glass with poly-vinyl-butyral interlayer (PVB)
• PHASE C Query C2’ TABLE concerns recycling of glass with ethyl-vinyl-acetate interlayer (EVA)
• PHASE C Query C2’’ TABLE concerns recycling of glass with (thermoplastic) poly-urethane interlayer (TPU).
One file with SQL scripts not detailed in other publications is included (PATSTAT SCRIPTS). The file contains two scripts to be run with Patstat: the former is aimed at ranking the patent families depending on the co-occurrence of IPC classification codes, while the latter is aimed at ranking the granted patents depending on the number of annual fee payments and the date of patent validity expiration.
SQL scripts are included in a manuscript submitted to Data in Brief journal, accompanying the manuscript submitted to World Patent Information for review (WPI_2018_95 _R1).
Experiment data files
Cite this dataset
Priore, Riccardo (2019), “Windshield recycling PATSTAT data”, Mendeley Data, v1 http://dx.doi.org/10.17632/4r3frnc9yw.1
The files associated with this dataset are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence.