Records of Operations on the CoRE Systems
Description of this data
The data is about the behaviors and activities of how participants use the CoRE system (http://core.cs.iastate.edu) and attack the system, such as clicking the buttons and links, filling out a form on the website, submitting request to the system server and searching information about the system.
There are two spreadsheets, data of the first-round experiment and data of the second-round experiment. In each spreadsheet, there are two sheets, "raw records" and "processed data". In the sheet of raw records, each row is a snapshot of user’s action and system context information when the user performed an operation on the CoRE system. Each raw record has the following information:
(1) Time: the time point when the user performs an operation;
(2) Login ID: user’s login ID provided by the CoRE system;
(4) Action: including mouse click on a button or a link, and selection on a drop-down menu;
(5) Page: the current webpage where the action occurs;
(6) Next Page: the next page that the system will be directed to;
(7) Content: contents on the webpage (user’s submitted input, system’s responses to the user’s action);
(8) Goal: users' self-reported goal.
The processed data is processed from the raw records. Each row in the sheet of processed data has the follwoing information:
(1) Observation: including user's action and content in the raw records;
(2) Time Interval: the time interval between the time points of user's consecutive actions;
(3) Goal: users' self-reported goal.
Experiment data files
This data is associated with the following publication:
Cite this dataset
Xie, Haihua; Chang, Carl K.; Yang, Jingwei (2017), “Records of Operations on the CoRE Systems”, Mendeley Data, v1 http://dx.doi.org/10.17632/9k3pkspfxm.1
The files associated with this dataset are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence.