Sub-acute Oral Toxicity Assessment of Copper Oxide Nanoparticles in Broilers by Examining Alterations in Serum Enzymes, Hematological and Histopathological parameters
The following data shows raw and processed data files for an original research article with the same title as the dataset name. The hypothesis of this research was that copper oxide nanoparticles are toxic to broilers if they are exposed in doses higher than normal. We found that copper nanoparticles at a dose of 50 mg/kg or more are toxic to broilers when given for consecutive 20 days via the oral route. The birds showed retarded growth and other typical signs of toxicity. The liver and kidney were affected. Liver necrosis and renal damage were the main lesions in birds both grossly and histopathologically. The serum and blood profiles of birds was also pathological. On the other hand the low dose of copper nanoparticles acted as a growth promoter in broiler birds.