Data from: A High-Resolution Gridded Dataset to Assess Electrification in Sub-Saharan Africa
Description of this data
This repository hosts two ncdf4 files containg the data output of the analyis.
One reporting the number of people without access in each grid cell between 2014 and 2018
The other reporting the estimated consumption tier in each electrified cell in 2018
- License changed to CC BY 4.0.
- Fixed a bug which was producing a lower-resolution output .nc file for the consumption tiers file.
- Changelog added.
Experiment data files
Steps to reproduce
In order to replicate the analysis, the following steps are required:
- Create a Google account, if you do not have one, and make a request for Earth Engine access via https://signup.earthengine.google.com.
- Make sure your Google Drive has enough free cloud storage space.
- Either obtain access to the LandScan population data by applying for an account (https://landscan.ornl.gov/user/apply), or use the WorldPop data, which is accessible from the script in this repository without further steps.
- Download the JavaScipt and R scripts and the supporitng files hosted at https://github.com/giacfalk/Electrification_SSA_data
- Download the supporting files along with the R script
- Run the R script, which reproduce the analysis, plots contained in the paper, and the output ncdf4 files.
Cite this dataset
Falchetta, Giacomo; Pachauri, Shonali; Parkinson, Simon; Byers, Edward (2019), “Data from: A High-Resolution Gridded Dataset to Assess Electrification in Sub-Saharan Africa”, Mendeley Data, v4 http://dx.doi.org/10.17632/kn4636mtvg.4
Compare to version
The files associated with this dataset are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence.