Datasets associated with articles published in Antiviral Research
Contributors:Timothy Sheahan, John Won, Kenneth Dinnon, Amy Sims, Tomas Cihlar, Ralph Baric, Mark Denison, Joy Feng, Ariane Brown, Rachel Graham
Contributors:Nathalie Chazal, Laurence Briant, Serge Turcaud, Pascale Coric, Philippe LAUGAA, Aymeric Neyret, Serge Bouaziz, Anaïs Cransac, Bernard Gay
In silico docking of BVM and EP-39 on the hexameric crystal structure of the CACTD-SP1 Gag fragment
Contributors:Gregory Mohl, Jan Weber, Nathan Liddle, Nathan Lyons, Joseph Nygaard, Jan Hodek, David Michaelis, David Busath, Alexander Dorius
This file includes detailed descriptions of the methods used in this paper. It also includes an experimental section that details the synthesis and characterization of the compounds reported in this paper.
Contributors:Song Z., Liu X., Li L., Jiang P., Bai J., Fan H.
Sep 30, 2018
Dear Editors-in-Chief, Dr Gorisr
Thank you so much for forwarding me the valuable reviewer’s comments. I have carefully addressed all of the issues raised by the referee as your comments. The manuscript was revised as follows (blue words):
1. EMCV has four capsid proteins and eight non-structural proteins. In the study, only seven non-structural proteins were cloned into expression vectors and their inhibitions of IFN-β induction were studied. How were the other proteins?
Reply: The comment is reasonable. It has been discussed in the fifth paragraph of DISSUSION
2. Luciferase assays results indicate 2C protein of EMCV affects inhibition of the type I IFN signaling pathway by MDA5 or RIG-I. However, the results of co-immunoprecipitation and confocal microscopy showed EMCV 2C only targets and interacts with MDA5. What is the possible mechanism of 2C protein inhibiting RIG-I-mediated IFN-β promoter activity?
Reply: The comment is reasonable. It has been discussed at the end of the third paragraph of DISSUSION
3. Minor error, in page 9, line 368, the” (10-325)” should be deleted. Please check the full text carefully.
Reply: The comment is reasonable. It has been correct.
4. The introduction is an enumeration of facts, and not focused on the main studies of the paper. Sometimes is also misleading. For example, the sentence: “Nevertheless, whether EMCV regulates the innate immune response is not known.” Is incorrect, as there are described mechanisms how EMCV inhibits innate immune responses.
Reply: The comment is correct. It has been addressed.
5. Most of the literature will now use the name MAVS, and not VISA.
Reply: The comment is reasonable. It has been addressed.
In addition, we have checked the full text carefully in grammar and spelling.
The revised manuscript with modifications marked with red color is enclosed. We hope that it can be published as soon as possible. I am looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks!
Juan Bai, PhD, Associated professor
College of Veterinary Medicine
Nanjing Agricultural University